Tuesday 3 July 2012

The Sting

Heslin who was also involved with Mark getting sent off, Picked up his second yellow and got line himself
You can see the chap has only turned 20 the week before, an excellent player but lacks maturity, as he is easily distracted by nonsense.
The sending off was a blessing in disguise for the lake county just like our situation, it amped up their intensity and took away our momentum.
The ultimate sucker punch of all...
Remarkably just when we had a chance of taking the lead. Jim was turned over in the corner and on that resultant counter attack, Callum McCormack duly put his Navan Crossbar shot behind him, by finishing really well after being set up by Dennis Glennon. 
What happened after that was a Blur...
but I could imagine a lot of Westmeath fans could empathise with the feelings I was experiencing.
As they fired over score after score by our exhausted players and debutants, I couldn't help but gather my thoughts of pride of what I had just seen...
Sure, the build up and the set up has become abit of a shambles. I'm not denying that I actually highlighted here.
My pride was in the players and the way they played the game not in a morale victory because we are better and should never be losing to Westmeath.
But
The manner in which they played,
good football with a spirit and intensity that hasn't been seen since Kildare in 2010.
thats why I'm Proud,
That's why it didn't bother me being stuck in traffic in Mullingar on a Saturday evening (not to mention ating my petrol!)
Thats why I'm already optimistic, because like the old saying goes with GAA 'there's always next year' and I for one can't wait.
Thanks lads

L&P

No comments:

Post a Comment